"Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws" - Barbara Kingsolver
Being a mom is such a rewarding life experience. One of its greatest perks is watching your kid(s) grow, learn, overcome obstacles, and achieve their personal goals. No other feeling compares to the butterflies in your stomach when your child says, “I love you mom”.
But being a mom is also a full-time job that often leaves you with little to no time to care for yourself. At Tenino Chiropractic Wellness Center we understand the daily struggles and challenges many moms face. From dropping kids off at school, going to work or running a business, driving kids to and from after-school activities… With such a crazy schedule it may seem like there is no time in between to take care of yourself, and if there is, the feeling of guilt makes it easy to say “NO” to treating yourself to an iced cold mocha, or even a yoga class.
In honor of Mother’s Day, we've created a list of 5 super easy self-care hacks for Moms!
1. Make a healthy breakfast on-the-go overnight! – If you haven’t heard about overnight oats, you’re in for a treat! With just 5-minutes of prep time (literally!) overnight oats are a great way to start your day with healthy whole grains. Check out these 8 Classic Overnight Oat Recipes – they’re a great alternative to sugary cereals and practical to have on hand when kids are running late for school. Just grab and go!
2. No time to go to a yoga class? – No problem! Click here to check out Yoga With Adriene’s ''Yoga Quickie" playlist on Youtube. These 5-10 minute videos are sure to get you through your day feeling good and strong. As Adriene Mishler says “a little goes a long way”.
3. 10-minutes in nature is all you need – Whether it’s 10 minutes watering your garden, walking the dog, or simply going for a walk at a nearby park, scientific studies have shown that spending just a few minutes in nature helps restore mental energy, reduce inflammation, improve focus, and relieve stress. So, what are you waiting for!
4. Essential oils – Having them on hand at home, in your car, or in your purse can be a lifesaver! If you’ve always wanted to dive into the world of essential oils now is the time. Check out this beginner’s guide to learn more about how you can incorporate essential oils into your daily routine.
5. Let Your inner Wonder Woman Shine – It’s no secret that body language is a direct expression of how we feel. Now, imagine if you were to spend 2-minutes every morning standing in “Superhero Pose”. Studies show that when we stand tall, open our chest, keep our arms unfolded and breath slowly and deeply we boost our confidence and our overall mood improves. So, the next time you’re standing in front of the mirror getting ready for your day, take two minutes to let your inner Wonder Woman shine!
From all of us at Tenino Chiropractic Wellness Center, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!